[* Students advised]
34. Hossain, F. M. Srinivasan, N. Picot, S. Pena-Luque, B. Doorn (2022). Engaging Potential Users of the Planned Surface Water And Ocean Topography Mission (SWOT) Mission in the Year of Launch, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, vol 103(8),https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-22-0107.1
33. Hossain, F. (2022). Reimagining the Surface Water and Ocean Topography Mission as the “Landsat” of Surface Water”, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Magazine, June 2022 (10.1109/MGRS.2022.3174624). Download.
32. Hossain, F. and Q. Zhou (2022) “Robots and Other Amazing Gadgets Invented 800 Years Ago,” Mascot Books, ISBN 978-1-63755-385-5
31. Hossain, F. et al. (2022) Building User-Readiness For Planned Satellite Earth Observing Missions: The Case of The Surface Water Ocean Topography Mission, Commentary, AGU Advances, vol 3 (6), https://doi.org/10.1029/2022AV000680. Download
30. Hossain, F. (2022) The Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) Mission: The New Landsat for Water? Op-ed, IEEE Earthzine, Feb 10 2022 Click for link.
29. Das, P, H. Hegalson, S.Khan, R. Senthilkumar and F. Hossain (2022) Satellites over the Amazon capture the choking of the ‘house of God’ by the Belo Monte Dam – they can help find solutions, too, The Conversation, May 2022.
28. Eldardiry, H., F. Hossain, M. Srinivasan and V. Tsontos (2022) Success Stories of Satellite Altimeter Applications, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-21-0065.1.Vol. 103(1). Download paper.
27. Hossain, F (Editor) “The Secret Lives of Scientists, Engineers and Doctors, Vol. 2”, Mascot Books, ISBN 978-1-64543-446-7
26. Hossain, F (Editor) “The Secret Lives of Scientists, Engineers and Doctors, Vol. 1”, Mascot Books, ISBN 978-1-64543-445-0
25. Hossain, F., N. Elmer, M. Srinivasan and A. Andral (2020) Accelerating Applications for Planned NASA Satellite Missions: A New Paradigm of Virtual Hackathons during Pandemic and Post-Pandemic Era, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society (BAMS) https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-20-0167.1.Download paper.
24. Hossain, F. M. Bonnema, M. Srinivasan, A. Andral, B. Doorn, I. Jayaluxmi, S. Jayasinghe, Y. Kaheil, B. Fatima, N. Elmer, L. Fenoglio, J. Bales, F. Lefevre, S. LeGrande, D. Brunel and P. Le Traon (2020). The Early Adopter Program for the Surface Water Ocean Topography Satellite Mission: Lessons Learned in Building User Engagement during the Pre-launch Era, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, Feb 2020, https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-19-0235.1, Download paper.
23. Hossain, F. (2019) Engineering Applications of the Surface Water Ocean Topography (SWOT) Satellite Mission, ASCE EWRI CURRENTS, Summer issue, vol. 21(3), pp. 11.
22. Hossain, F. M. Srinivasan, A. Andral and E Beighley (2019) Building Pathways to Societal Applications of the Surface Water Ocean Topography (SWOT) Satellite Mission, AWRA IMPACT, Sept 2019 Issue, pp. 25-26, vol. 21(5).
21. Hossain, F., M. Bonnema, N. Biswas, S. Ahmad, B. Duong, ND Luong. (2019). When Floods Cross Borders, Satellite Data can Help , Eos, Feb 15 2019.
20.Hossain, F.et al. (41 authors) (2017). Engaging the User Community for Advancing Societal Applications of the Surface Water Ocean Topography (SWOT) mission Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, Meeting Report. Download paper
19.Hossain, F., A. Andral and M. Srinivasan (2017). Putting Satellite Maps of Surface Water to Practical Use, EOS (AGU), Link.
18.Hossain, F., N. Biswas M. Ashraf and Z. Ahmad (2017). Growing more with less using cell phones and satellite data, Eos, vol. 98, https://doi.org/10.1029/2017EO075143.Online link
17.Biswas*, N. and Hossain, F., (2017). A Scalable Open-source Web-analytic Framework to Improve Satellite -based Operational Water Management in Developing Countries . Journal of Hydroinformatics, (doi:10.2166/hydro.2017.073) Download paper
16.Kansakar*, P. and Hossain, F., (2017). A Review of Applications of Satellite Earth Observation Data for Global Societal Benefit and Stewardship of Planet Earth Space Policy, (doi:10.1016/j.spacepol.2016.05.005).Download paper
15.Hossain, F., et al. (2017). A Review of Approaches And Recommendations For Improving Resilience Of Water Management Infrastructure Journal of Infrastructure Systems (ASCE), ASCE Task Committee’s Final Update on Water Management Infrastructure Resilience,doi:10.1061/(ASCE)IS.1943-555X.0000370 Download paper .
14.Hossain, F.et al.(30 authors) (2016). A Global Capacity Building Vision for Societal Applications of Earth Observing Systems and Data: Key Questions and Recommendations Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, July, (doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-15-00198.1), Download paper
13.Hossain, F., V.H. Ramos, R. Mugo (2016). Abundance of satellite data presents opportunity, challenge EOS (AGU), 97, (doi:10.1029/2016EO043553), Link to paper.
11.Hossain, F.J. Arnold, E. Beighley, C. Brown, S. Burian, J. Chen, A. Mitra, D. Niyogi, R.A. Pielke, V. Tidwell, D. Wegner(2015). What do Experienced Water Managers think of Water Resources of Our Nation and its Management Infrastructure? PLOS ONE, 10(11): e0142073. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0142073Infrastructure Task Committee Report to ASCE, Download paper; Link for online feature.
10.Hossain, F.J. Arnold, E. Beighley, C. Brown, S. Burian, J. Chen, S. Madadgar, A. Mitra, D. Niyogi, R.A. Pielke, V. Tidwell, D. Wegner(2015). Local-To-Regional Landscape Drivers Of Extreme Weather And Climate: Implications For Water Infrastructure Resilience, Infrastructure Task Committee Report to ASCE, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering , vol. 20(7), (doi:10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001210) Download paper.
9.Hossain, F.(2014). The Paradox of Peak Flows in a Changing Climate, J. Hydrologic Engineering (ASCE), Op-Ed (Forum article peer reviewed independently), Download paper.
8.Hossain, F., C K, Shum, F.J. Turk, S. Biancamaria, H. Lee, A. Limaye, , M. Hossain, S. Shah-Newaz, L.C. Mazumder, T. Ahmed, W. Yigzaw and A.H.M. Siddique-E-Akbor (2014). A Guide for Crossing the Valley of Death: Lessons Learned from Making a Satellite based Flood Forecasting System Operational and Independently Owned by a Stakeholder Agency, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society (BAMS), August 2014 (doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-13-00176.1), Download paper.
7. Habib, E., Y. Ma, D. Williams, H. Sharif and F. Hossain (2012). HydroViz: Evaluation of a Web-Based Tool for Improving Hydrology Education, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences (Special Issue on “Hydrology Education in a Changing World”) 9: 2569-2599.Download paper.
6. Yigzaw*, W., F. Hossain, E. Habib (2012). A Google-Earth based Education Tool for Place-based Learning of Hydrologic Concepts using a Campus Watershed and Wi-Fi Connectivity, Computers in Education (ASEE) Download paper.
5. Hossain*, F. A. M. Degu*, D. Niyogi, S. Burian, J.M. Shepherd, R. Pielke Sr.(2012). Climate Feedback-based Considerations to Dam Design, Operations and Water Management in the 21st Century, ASCE J. Hydrologic Engineering (doi:10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0000541), Download paper.
4. Boynton*, M.A. and F. Hossain, (2010). Improving Engineering Education Outreach in Rural Counties through Engineering Risk Analysis, ASCE Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 136(4), (doi:10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000026), Download paper .
3. Florence*, R., F. Hossain, and D.H. Huddleston. (2009). An Open-source Software for Interactive Visualization using C++ and OpenGL: Applications to Stochastic Theory Education in Water Resources Engineering. Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 17: 1-10 (doi: 10.1003/cae.20288)Download paper
2. Schwenk*, J., F. Hossain, and D. Huddleston (2009).A Computer-Aided Visualization Tool for Stochastic Theory Education in Water Resources Engineering, Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 14: 1-14. Download paper.
1. Hossain , F., and D. Huddleston (2007). A proposed Computer-assisted Graphics-based instruction scheme for Stochastic Theory in Hydrological Sciences, Computers in Education Journal. XVII(2): 16-25. Download paper