* Co-authored with SASWE student(s) and/or collaborators
18.Hossain, F., N. Biswas, Z. Ahmed and M. Ashraf (2017). “Growing more with less using Satellites and Cellphones” EOS.Download paper
17.Biswas*, N. and Hossain, F., (2017). “A Scalable Open-source Web-analytic Framework to Improve Satellite -based Operational Water Management in Developing Countries Environmental Modeling and Software.Download paper
16.Kansakar*, P. and Hossain, F., (2017). A Review of Applications of Satellite Earth Observation Data for Global Societal Benefit and Stewardship of Planet Earth Space Policy, (doi:10.1016/j.spacepol.2016.05.005).Download paper
15.Hossain, F., et al. (2017). A Review of Approaches And Recommendations For Improving Resilience Of Water Management Infrastructure Journal of Infrastructure Systems (ASCE), ASCE Task Committee’s Final Update on Water Management Infrastructure Resilience,doi:10.1061/(ASCE)IS.1943-555X.0000370 Download paper .
14.Hossain, F.et al.(30 authors) (2016). A Global Capacity Building Vision for Societal Applications of Earth Observing Systems and Data: Key Questions and Recommendations Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, July, (doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-15-00198.1), Download paper
13.Hossain, F., V.H. Ramos, R. Mugo (2016). Abundance of satellite data presents opportunity, challenge EOS (AGU), 97, (doi:10.1029/2016EO043553), Link to paper.
11.Hossain, F.J. Arnold, E. Beighley, C. Brown, S. Burian, J. Chen, A. Mitra, D. Niyogi, R.A. Pielke, V. Tidwell, D. Wegner(2015). What do Experienced Water Managers think of Water Resources of Our Nation and its Management Infrastructure? PLOS ONE, 10(11): e0142073. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0142073Infrastructure Task Committee Report to ASCE, Download paper; Link for online feature.
10.Hossain, F.J. Arnold, E. Beighley, C. Brown, S. Burian, J. Chen, S. Madadgar, A. Mitra, D. Niyogi, R.A. Pielke, V. Tidwell, D. Wegner(2015). Local-To-Regional Landscape Drivers Of Extreme Weather And Climate: Implications For Water Infrastructure Resilience, Infrastructure Task Committee Report to ASCE, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering , vol. 20(7), (doi:10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001210) Download paper.
9.Hossain, F.(2014). The Paradox of Peak Flows in a Changing Climate, J. Hydrologic Engineering (ASCE), Op-Ed (Forum article peer reviewed independently), Download paper.
8.Hossain, F., C K, Shum, F.J. Turk, S. Biancamaria, H. Lee, A. Limaye, , M. Hossain, S. Shah-Newaz, L.C. Mazumder, T. Ahmed, W. Yigzaw and A.H.M. Siddique-E-Akbor (2014). A Guide for Crossing the Valley of Death: Lessons Learned from Making a Satellite based Flood Forecasting System Operational and Independently Owned by a Stakeholder Agency, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society (BAMS), August 2014 (doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-13-00176.1), Download paper.
7. Habib, E., Y. Ma, D. Williams, H. Sharif and F. Hossain (2012). HydroViz: Evaluation of a Web-Based Tool for Improving Hydrology Education, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences (Special Issue on “Hydrology Education in a Changing World”) 9: 2569-2599.Download paper.
6. Yigzaw*, W., F. Hossain, E. Habib (2012). A Google-Earth based Education Tool for Place-based Learning of Hydrologic Concepts using a Campus Watershed and Wi-Fi Connectivity, Computers in Education (ASEE) Download paper.
5. Hossain*, F. A. M. Degu*, D. Niyogi, S. Burian, J.M. Shepherd, R. Pielke Sr.(2012). Climate Feedback-based Considerations to Dam Design, Operations and Water Management in the 21st Century, ASCE J. Hydrologic Engineering (doi:10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0000541), Download paper.
4. Boynton*, M.A. and F. Hossain, (2010). Improving Engineering Education Outreach in Rural Counties through Engineering Risk Analysis, ASCE Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 136(4), (doi:10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000026), Download paper .
3. Florence*, R., F. Hossain, and D.H. Huddleston. (2009). An Open-source Software for Interactive Visualization using C++ and OpenGL: Applications to Stochastic Theory Education in Water Resources Engineering. Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 17: 1-10 (doi: 10.1003/cae.20288)Download paper
2. Schwenk*, J., F. Hossain, and D. Huddleston (2009).A Computer-Aided Visualization Tool for Stochastic Theory Education in Water Resources Engineering, Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 14: 1-14. Download paper.
1. Hossain , F., and D. Huddleston (2007). A proposed Computer-assisted Graphics-based instruction scheme for Stochastic Theory in Hydrological Sciences, Computers in Education Journal. XVII(2): 16-25. Download paper